Hey ladies and gents! Today I thought I would try to mix things up with something else besides a makeup tutorial or a lipstick recommendation. I know many of you (including myself) LOVE neutral eye shadows. (This list will consist of creams, browns, taupes, and one black eye shadow!) They’re a staple in your makeup collection and flatter every eye color and skin tone. I decided that today’s post should be about nude eye shadows, my top 10 favorites, and some swatches! I hope you enjoy! If you ever want to make a request to what I talk about on I Live For Lipsticks, let me know! The easiest way to do this would be to write a comment on Facebook where I post links to these. Thanks so much to all of you for reading and let’s get on with the show!
1. Urban Decay Sin- Described as a shimmery champagne. There’s a VERY slight bit of pink to it as well. The texture is really soft and applies smoothy to your eye. I love wearing this color all over my lid or as a cheek highlight.
2. Urban Decay Naked- This is a matte medium brown color with a beige tinge. This is my all time favorite eye shadow to use as a transition color in the crease.
3. Makeup Geek Cocoa Bear- This color is a red toned medium/dark brown with a matte finish. This has an amazingly soft texture and blends beautifully. I like to wear this color in the crease or on my lower lash line to smoke out a brown eyeliner.
4. Kat Von D South- A matte beige that’s perfect for a subtle brow bone highlight. I’m not sure if this is limited edition or not, but you can find a bazillion dupes for this color. So no worries
5. Makeup Geek Corrupt- The deepest black eye shadow I own. It’s mostly matte but I did see a little bit of sparkle. But the sparkle doesn’t appear to transfer when I apply it and it doesn’t fall onto my cheeks. I like using this in the outer corner of my eye to deepen an eye look or as a softer eyeliner.
6. MAC Satin Taupe- This is one of MAC’s best sellers, and there is a damn good reason why! This is a brownish taupe with a silver/purple sheen through it. It has an extremely smooth texture and looks beautiful all over the lid for a smokey eye.
7. Urban Decay Sellout- This was one of six eye shadows in the Fun palette but I think it’s also available as a single shadow. It’s a true champagne color with shimmer. Another beautiful shadow for all over the lid and I love it in the inner corner of the eye to brighten up your eyes.
8. Urban Decay Stray Dog- Another shadow from the Fun palette, this is a shimmery mushroom brown with the slightest bit of warm tones through it. It has a beautiful soft texture, but it can have a little fallout because of how soft it is. I like to pair this with Sellout with Sellout on the inner half of the lid and Stray Dog on the outer half for a really easy day time look.
9. NYX Innocent- This shadow is only $4.50 but it is AMAZING! It’s a shimmery beige with a peachy pink tone. Beautiful for all over the lid especially on women with medium to dark skin.
10. Maybelline Color Tattoo Inked In Pink- I had to include my favorite waterproof cream shadow. I basically live in this color all summer long. It’s a light neutral pink with shimmer. It applies smoothly and evenly and lasts all day through heat, water, and even some makeup remover!
MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus Lipstick Review Friday, January 30th, 2015 - no Comments.
UPDATE Monday, November 24th, 2014 - no Comments.
Drugstore Makeup Tutorial: Purple Smokey Eye for Evenings Out! Friday, November 7th, 2014 - no Comments.
Everyday Makeup for School and Work using Drugstore Products! Friday, November 7th, 2014 - no Comments.
Mermaid/Sea Princess/Aquatic Girl Halloween Makeup Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014 - no Comments.
Colour Pop Cosmetics: Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick Review Monday, July 21st, 2014 - no Comments.
MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus Lipstick Review Monday, July 21st, 2014 - no Comments.
UPDATE Monday, July 21st, 2014 - no Comments.
Drugstore Makeup Tutorial: Purple Smokey Eye for Evenings Out! Monday, July 21st, 2014 - no Comments.
Everyday Makeup for School and Work using Drugstore Products! Monday, July 21st, 2014 - no Comments.
Mermaid/Sea Princess/Aquatic Girl Halloween Makeup Monday, July 21st, 2014 - no Comments.
Ventiloquist Dummy Halloween Makeup Monday, July 21st, 2014 - no Comments.
My Makeup Inspirations Monday, July 21st, 2014 - no Comments.
Halloween Series: Sexy Cat Monday, July 21st, 2014 - no Comments.
Large Birthday Makeup Haul & Reviews! Monday, July 21st, 2014 - no Comments.